Sunday, June 03, 2007

My Chaotic Blogging

Things have been very busy lately so I haven't had much time to post. You might have also noticed that I start a lot of threads that don't seem to get finished...but I dopromise to get back to all of them eventually. At some point I will scan more Ronald Searle stuff and post some more Vanderpoel chapters. Eventually, someday, all the threads will have been followed to their logical conclusion and I will make good on all of my promises but in the meantime the order of my posts probably seems a bit random. This is partially intentional, because I find that I learn better by throwing myself a lot of "curveballs" and constantly changing up the things that I focus on learning about. But mostly it's just a symptom of the way I write posts and when I get a chance to scan material. I have written many, many posts that I can't share with you yet because I haven't found the examples I need to illustrate the piece. So the order in which I post is frequently determined by when I can make time to find the books I need and sit down and find the artwork I need to explain just what the heck I'm trying to say.

Anyway, I wonder sometimes if people find my chaotic approach frustrating of if it's kind of fun to think that you never know what the heck you're going to find here. So if there's anyone that finds it frustrating, at least now you know why the stuff ends up being presented in the circular and haphazard way it does. Things have been very very busy lately but are starting to slow down just a bit so I will try to catch up on my scanning and posting in the next few weeks.

6 comments:

Benjamin said...

I never found it frustrating myself. I did notice, however, how much I enjoyed both the "Design & Drawing" and the "Things they don't teach you at school" series. I guess it's kind of a mixture of both ways... it's one series, so you know what type of things you'll learn about, yet it's very different everytime. I was really looking forward to each new installment, and better yet, they never disappointed.

Rob Bodnar said...

Thanks for all the posts so far...I like the variety; which keeps it fresh. Just have fun! Thanks

M Kitchen said...

I actually expect blogging to be somewhat chaotic.

And I'm also guessing that you find yourself more frustrated than any of us visitors do. The Temple of the Seven Golden Camels is a treasure trove of good information, and no matter how "circular and haphazard" it may seem to it's author, it certainly does not come across that way to us readers who are always looking forward to the newest post.

k. borcz said...

I like the curve balls. Keep em' coming. But every once in a while if you send in a changeup or fastball, I'll be ready for it too!

David Cousens said...

I agree with everyone here, the curveballs are fun. I tend to randomly switch between projects I'm working on to keep my interest level high too...

GuildWars2Items said...

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take scarlet blade gold, but by the moments that take our breath away scarlet blade gold. I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty scarlet blade gold.

Life is like a hot bath. It feels good while you're in it, but the longer you stay in, the more wrinkled you get rs gold, Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right and forget about the ones who do not Runescape Gold, In the Orient young bulls are tested for the fight arena in a certain manner rs gold. Each is brought to the ring and allowed to attack a picador who pricks them with a lance..