Sunday, September 17, 2006

Rowland Wilson reruns...part one

So I originally posted these back in March. Since so many new people have found the site recently I will rerun them so everybody can enjoy them before they stop visiting my blog and move onto the next new cool blog! They are handouts from the great illustrator Rowland B. Wilson, who you may know from his many Playboy cartoons. He also did styling on some of the "Schoolhouse Rock" shows. He died just a few months ago.

Believe it or not, I sat in the cubicle across from him when I worked on "Hercules" at Disney. He was really amazingly nice.

There are two other handouts from Rowland that I will also re-post this week. The other two are floating around the web but this one is really hard to find. I tracked it down from a nice guy who sent it to me. They are helpful tips for handing light and shadow.

Click to read.




9 comments:

Randeep Katari said...

Mr. Kennedy,

Thanks so much for these - just so you know, these postings aren't going unnoticed or unused, definitely a HUGE resource. Wish I could be more original here...haha. Hope all's going well, how'd the Baxton benefit auction go?

-R.

Tom Dougherty said...

I love Rowland's work. I wish someone would put together a big full-color book of all of those full page Playboy watercolor gags he did. I've learned a lot just looking at those things. A true original.

Per Hardestam said...

Great and very useful. Thank you so much!

Hyver said...

Your blog is golden indeed! Amazing source of information for me and everyone at conceptart.org! Thanks, and do keep it up!

Don de Castro said...

Thanks so much for these, I really appreciate you sharing these handouts to everyone. As usual they're always great tidbits to learn from

Crew Hudson said...

fantastic!
Thanks for sharing these scans man. Really helpful reference! I cant tell you how much I personally appreciate it. Look forward to your next post :)

Graham said...

Wonderful! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

This is an excellent resource, thank you so much for posting all the stuff. This one goes into my "forever cool" favourites.

Thanks again!

mark kennedy said...

Thanks for all of the nice comments!